Flagstaff Junior Academy Reopening Plan
Dear parents and guardians,
The FJA Governing Board approved FJA’s Reopening Plan (read the plan at the link below) and reopening dates at last night’s board meeting. Please read everything in this email so that you are fully informed of FJA’s reopening plans.
- The elementary campus will be opening to in-person instruction beginning Monday, March 22nd.
- The middle school campus will be opening to in-person instruction beginning Monday, April 5th. The middle school students will continue with their current online school schedules through April 2nd.
- Read the Reopening Plan to learn the specifics about choosing whether to send your child to in-person school or to remain in distance-learning.
- Important: Complete the electronic parent questionnaire here https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=FYksULxiGUq2dI3BrE7if4LbWUh8FvtBiyrTgTfFcXpUOU8xOFI1TVZXQzdBMThSNlhZWTRTMU0yRy4u no later than March 8th. This questionnaire will determine whether your student will be on campus or online for the remainder of the school year.
- Important: For students returning to in-person school, complete and sign the Parent Agreement (either the PDF doc here or the Word doc here ) and either drop-off at either campus or email by March 8th to CassieWilson@fjacademy.com
- Important: Note that March 10-11 will be asynchronous learning days for all students. This means that there will NOT be Zoom classes those days. Students will be expected to complete assigned work from teachers, but teachers will be working in their classrooms those days preparing for the return of students.
- Spring Break is still March 15-19
It is vital that you read the reopening plan and understand it, because we are asking parents/guardians to choose either the in-person option or the online option for the remainder of the school year. Be sure you understand what you are committing to.
For FJA to REMAIN open for the remainder of the school year, we must have 100% buy-in and compliance when it comes to masks, hygiene, and staying home from school if you feel sick or have any covid-19 symptoms. And with the cooperation of our entire community, we feel that we can reopen safely for FJA students and their families, faculty & staff.
Open House Links
If you were unable to attend our Virtual Open House and are interested in “meeting” our teaching teams, click the links below to view a recording.
First and Second Grade:
Third and Fourth Grade:
Seventh and Eighth Grade:
Flagstaff Junior Academy is a Free, Public Charter School offering well-rounded education for grades Pre-K through 8th.
Our vision is to educate the whole child through academics, experiential excellence, and community.
Students Pre-K Through 8th
School Clubs & Sports
Learning inside and outside of the classroom
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
Average Teacher Salary
Average salary of all teachers employed in budget year 2021: $44,939
Average salary of all teachers employed in prior year 2020: $43,323
Average teacher salary increase: 3.7%, $ 1,616